My people, here comes an article from my golden pen! 🤣 Ok, jokes aside, I have found myself reflecting a lot this past year. I have done a great deal of introspection, carefully thought through past decisions, why I made them, and what I have learnt. Tonight, I am writing Mrs.X a letter, reminding her of what she learnt in the past year of her life! Once again, ladies and gentle men (Gentleman probably being just Mr.X!🙀), please sit back, put your feet up, and enjoy!❤️
My Darling Mrs.X,
The past year has been such an “interesting” year for you! You went through so many emotions, saw a lot, and learnt a lot! I am glad you chose to be deliberate with taking a lesson or two from every chapter you went through. You are growing up o. 😝 Ok, enough of the preamble. Let me just go straight to the meat of the matter, and remind you of the things you learnt in the past 12 months.
1. Madam, grab every opportunity you get to build yourself! Ya mama beg you to learn French, send you on holiday to francophone country, you no gree learn 😳 I shake my head for you. Now, you look back and wish you could do things differently. You have learnt the hard way.
Take that course, read that book, speak to that person. You are not too big,too old, too smart or too shy to learn. Have a vested interest in your own development!🤓
2. Life does not go like the barrel of a gun!😂😂😂 I am sure you wonder if I am tipsy or sleepy. Never mind, I translated an adage right from my mother tongue. This means that you will surely encounter highs and lows in life. Life is not smooth. Don’t deceive yourself o, it isn’t smooth at all! There are different terrains in life’s journey. The low points are surely coming. The curves, the crooked, the dips, and the highs! Even God told us sef. He only assured us that he has overcome. That assurance should therefore make you relax my dear. You will surely be fine!🙏🏽😇
3. When the lows, curves and highs come, better don’t go binging on tin roof ice cream and rice with peppery corned beef stew! Don’t start looking for the right key with which to sing your “woe is me” solo rendition. Live in the moment, look for reasons to be thankful. Choose to smile. Take time to smell the roses 🌹. Take that long walk, dance, listen to little madam and baby X’s laughter. Watch their faces light up when you pay them undivided attention. Jump in muddy puddles with little madam, bake that cake, and don’t get upset when she pours flour all over your counter top. Choose to be happy, choose to laugh, choose to dance!💃🏻💃🏻
4. See the good in those around you. Don’t sit, counting the flaws of your loved ones. Choose to celebrate the good. Write Mr.X that love note saying how much you love the fact that he is so disciplined.(Even when you feel like writing him a stinker!😆) Celebrate the traits you love in your friends and family. Cherish your relationships, treat them with care and wisdom. Don’t be afraid to say how much you appreciate those around you!
So, Mr. X, I am kuku saying it again o, I love you for being the disciplined, principled, hardworking God lover that you are!😍 Let me just end it there before I add the “but”…😆
5. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Someone said something that was painful or bugs you somehow, pray for wisdom and the perfect time to raise the Issue without drama, if you can’t seem to let it go. You will get clarity, and move on. Remember what happened with sis doc? She said one thing, and you had turned it into super story in your mind! Thank God for the avenue to jokingly raise it. See how talking about it brought clarity and peace? Sometimes your insecurities and fears make you add two and two, to give you fifty. Pray, ask God to help you see if you are overreacting, or if you need to understand what was said. Relationships are too precious to end because of one sour conversation that you didn’t hear properly. 😔
6. Not everybody can/ will like you, deal with it!!! 😩 You don’t need to convince people to like you, you don’t need to convince people you are a great person to have in their corner! You will have people who will simply not like you, the smell of your perfume, the way you walk, your behavior, the way you sit, the way you smile, the shape of ya head, your everything will she bug them! Sad but true. Deal with it. Remember the verse in Proverbs 16 that says “when a man’s way pleases God, even his ENEMIES will be at peace with him”? That sums it up. As long as those who don’t like you don’t find any incriminating substances to put in ya pocket (they find no fault to hold on to) , be the best version of you, and simply enjoy the peace God has given you!
7. Twenty friends can truly not play for twenty years o. Some relationships blossom and thrive, while others simply die! 🥀Some people do not want to do friendship again. Let go! Na by force?! 🙄 Yes, it was great while it lasted, I know. You thought your friendship will last till Jesus comes. Heheheee. Well, it’s dead now, but you have happy (and some not so happy) memories. Move on! God has surrounded you with so many amazing people. Open your eyes and see madam!Enjoy the gift of new friendships. 🎁 Don’t get jaded because you had a few sour experiences with friendships in the past.
8. Be careful about who you share deep issues with! Something happened recently that has taught you that the hard way. Sebi you thought she was your personal buddy, who will never share your business. Well, you heard your business from someone else that you had just met! Mr. X warned you o! You no gree! You sha felt you knew her very well. Hmmm…be honest, did you? You didn’t take time to know this person’s character before opening your mouth gbagada, and spewing all your life’s issues and secrets. You know say you kuku get big mouth!
You need to remember that God puts people in our lives for different reasons. Find out what purpose each person is to fulfill in your life, before you go turn your acquaintance to mentor and antagonist to Soul mate.
9. Don’t give room in your heart for resentment. Chei…that thing is poison! It just eats away at you. Talk about issues before they fester, nip issues in the bud before they grow into giant Iroko 🌲. Continuously learn the best ways to communicate in all your relationships, especially with Mr. X. He vexes you, instead of keeping quiet and swelling with venom, better find a way to talk. Prayerfully, seriously, jokingly, in a letter o, video o, voice note o, any way. Sha talk, and don’t let things fester!
10. You don’t need to have two hours straight before you can talk to your first love (Your Heavenly Father) the way you want.Constantly, as you work, walk, go about your chores, talk to him. He always always listens, and he loves loves loves the sound of your voice! As much as you can, as often as you can, sing him that love song, tell him about that issue that bothers you. Never ever lose sight of the fact that he is always there, waiting to hear from you and to talk to you! He loves you deeply, you are the apple of his eye.
Oya, enough for tonight. Go feed Baby X! He has been wailing for a while!😫😫😫
Love and Kisses,